The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keyword or topic in a Tweet. Any Twitter user can categorize or follow topics with hashtags.
It’s been such a long time…(Foreplay/Long Time: a Boston classic)
It’s been so long since my last Tweet, I had to reset my password in order to login…
Resources: What are Twitter hashtags?
- How to Get the Most Out of Twitter #Hashtags – Mashable (May 2009)
- Tweet – Wikipedia
- Ultimate Guide to Twitter Hashtags – Search Engine Journal
- Hashtags Introduction: Twitter Fan Wiki
- What Are Hashtags (# Symbols)? Twitter Support
- Follow hashtags on Twitter
- The Dos and Don’ts of Twitter Hashtags – The Next Web (Sep 2011)
- How to Find the Best Twitter Hashtags – Sprout Insights (Aug 2011)
- Twitter Hashtags Video: How to Create Your Own by Mari Smith – YouTube (Jan 2009)
- Life Of A Hashtag On Twitter [INFOGRAPHIC] – Media Bistro (Mar 2012)
- Twitter hashtags for beginners: Part 1 – Blur Marketing (Apr 2011)
- A Quick #Hashtag Lesson – Likeable (Sep 2011)
- Twitter 101: What is the hashtag? – Social Media 101 – Examiner (Jun 2009)
- How To Research and Set Up a Hashtag – Touched Moved & Inspired (Aug 2011)
- 45 hashtags for social change – Socialbrite: Social Tools for Social Change (Dec 2011)
- How to Develop a Twitter Hashtag Following: 5 Steps to Use Twitter Hashtags for Marketing – Heidi Cohen: Actionable Marketing Expert (May 2011)
- It’s A Hashtag Hoedown – Abstrakt Marketing Group
- Networking for Maximum Results (Dec 2010)
This post was started on Thursday, March 15, 2012.