Director: David M. Reynolds
Horror themes: Post-apocalpse, zombies, undead, gore, firearms, war, first-person cam
Tagline: THEY ARE FAST NOW
Verdict: 7/10… Great zombie horror short film; it’s actually hard to believe it’s low-budget, visually speaking — kudos to Dave Reynolds and the rest of Realm, as well as the entire crew and the 200+ volunteers that made this short film happen. Zomblies is a must-see for all fans of zombie horror; it is free to watch anytime online (see the streaming video below; just press
Official trailer, Zomblies, 2010 U.K. zombie horror short (watch entire film below)
This killer short horror film has been made available to the masses via YouTube, as I discovered during the writeup process a couple of days after watching the film. There’s no need to feel guilty downloading and/or watching this flick online, free of charge!
Zomblies plot synopsis
In a post-apocalyptic version of the present or the near-future, the zombie hunting unit of a private militia runs into major trouble and sends a distress call to headquarters – located on the safe side of “The Wall” which protects what’s left of humanity on the island nation. It’s up to the Rangers – a heavily armed unit containing both vets and rookies – to make it back to the Wall, cross back over The Wall into relative safety, as well as uncover the truth about a terrifying virus which – after killing the infected – also reanimates the dead, creating a quick, dangerous, carnivorous zombie.
Watch Zomblies online free here
Be sure to use the full-screen option to maximize your experience
This short film is apparently the first from writer/ director/ actor/ visual effects specialist David M. Reynolds, who has successfully created this exciting, edge-of-seat zombie horror. Kudos, man. This is low-budget successfully masquerading as Hollywood. The visual effects are outstanding.
The zombie-hunting unit includes:
- Jack, The Chief
- Bear, The Tracker
- Nickel, The Marksman
- Walker, The Big Guns
- Drew, The Science
- Bull, The Comms
Although the official budget was around five thousand pounds U.K., this is rather misleading as Zomblies was clearly a 200-member-strong team effort from which no one will profit financially, directly, per an interview with Dave Reynolds at Zombie Command.
Thanks to Realm, the actors, the crew, and all the volunteers who made this possible – and thanks for giving us this video at no cost, online, and allowing others to embed it.
Resources: Zomblies, 2010 U.K. zombie horror short
- Zomblies, 2010 horror short – IMDb (Rating: 60), Wikipedia (no entry yet)
- Top Ten Kick Ass Tips For Shooting Action Horror From ‘Zomblies’ Director Dave Reynolds – Chris Jones Blog – Inspire, Educate, and Connect: Get a Camera, Get Some Actors, Go Shoot a Movie! – This informative blog just might be exactly what you needed to push you from wanna-be to real-life film-maker; nice job, Chris
- Watch Zomblies on YouTube now
- Interview with Zomblies director Dave Reynolds – Zombie Command
- Official Zomblies website – You can watch the entire film here, as well as on my page, YouTube, and other sources; Zomblies fans can grab the 7-page Press Pack PDF file, loaded with info about the film and Realm, the group that created it
- Zomblies movie premiere at Exeter’s Odeon cinema – This is Devon
- London Independent Film Festival 2011 – the lineup, including Zomblies
- Reviews of Zomblies, IMDb
- Zomblies thread – Bloody Disgusting forum
- List of zombie horror movies, Horror News
- List of zombie films, Wikipedia
- Halloween Zombie Walk Over Brooklyn Bridge to Save NYC Public Libraries, 2010